Five Ways To Earn Money With Digital Cameras
(This Posts may contain affiliate Links). When it comes to the internet and the advancements of modern technology, the revenue generating options are truly unlimited. One way that many people are finding great success as entrepreneurs is through the use of their digital cameras and photo printers. Whether you use your digital knowledge to enter photo contests using images taken with your digital camera or choose to start an online auction business, the use of a both camera and photo printer are essential.
With a sense of entrepreneurship in mind, the following five tips may help to get you started on the road to success using nothing more than your digital camera and photo printer.
- Start an eBay business and use your digital camera to take pictures for inclusion in your auctions. If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much money will it be worth for your auction? After all, would you buy something without seeing it
- Become an amateur photographer using your digital camera and print out the images using a realistic photo printer, which can use either black or colour ink. It is also worth purchasing a decent intermediary level camera, with 20 to 24 megapixels. What is known as a DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) where you can interchange the lenses. There is nothing worse than using the same lens to convey the desired effect for all of your photography. Nikon or a Cannon would be ideal. Nikon D5500 or a Canon EOS 750D are good starting points. Also, it would be worth while getting at least 2 to 3 32gb SDHC cards which should cost you around £20 each. Just case you fill one up while out and about or if you have an SD card fail on you, which can happen at anytime.
- Create personalised calendars by taking a photo with your digital camera, incorporating it into a calendar creation program and print them out using a photo printer. These are extremely popular at craft shows and flea markets.
- Take photos using your digital camera and incorporate them into a program that manipulates photos (I.e. Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Lightroom or similar type of software). You can even take two photos and merge them together. For instance, take a photo of two sunflowers and another of your two best friends. Download the images from your digital camera onto the computer and manipulate them so that the faces of your two best friends are inside of the sunflowers. Print this photo using your photo printer and use it as an example of your new digital imagery business. These, too, are extremely popular at craft shows.
- Using nothing more than a digital camera and quality photo printer, you can work in the publishing industry. Several years ago, a national magazine cover featuring a well-known celebrity was created with nothing more than a personal photo printer. The magazine office was unable to make an e-mailed image work, so they enlisted the help of a writer who enlarged the photo and printed it out using a colour photo printer. The print was then mailed to the magazines office, who then used the image as their full-colour cover picture. Now, no one is suggesting you purchase a mega expensive printer but this one, although a bit pricey is what you may need this: Epson Expression Premium Xp-830 from £139 (pictured below). Is worth doing some homework to find the right one for you and your needs and most importantly, your budget.
When purchasing any type of electronics, including digital cameras and photo printers, always pay close attention to the warranty and make sure that you are buying a quality name in technology. Depending on your intended use, you may want to select a digital camera with a high pixel count and a photo printer capable of producing high DPI (dots per inch) images. Both will allow for better quality and more realistic photo creations.
As with any Digital Camera or high quality printer cost comes in to play. The prices of consumables like printer cartridges, paper, camera lenses, software and decent computer or laptop can add up. Think of a budget and give your self so leg room to manoeuvre but not too much. You can find printer cartridges else where like Ebay, but if you want quality, then be prepared to part with some cash.