Lowepro Flipside 300 AW II Review
Lowepro Flipside 300 AW II Review
I have recently acquired a new backpack for my camera gear and I could not be any more happier. I have acquired a Lowepro Flipside 300 AW (All Weather) MkII in the Mica/Pixel Camo pattern for a review. I can get to my camera equipment without actually having to take the backpack completely off. As long as the waist strap is still connected, I can flip the backpack around to my front, so I can access the zip which secures my gear safely in place.
What I love about this backpack and why it just totally suits my needs, is the fact that is can get most of my gear in this bag; while not worrying about my gear getting wet, whilst being totally protected from the elements.
- High-capacity, dynamic storage system adjusts to fit a wide range of gear including DSLR with 70-200mm mounted lens and 2 additional standard lenses or compact drone, plus compact tripod and 10” tablet
- Signature flipside design provides increased security through body-side points of entry and full access to gear without setting the bag down
- Full structure and padding with All Weather AW Cover™ provide premium protection from the elements
- CradleFit pocket suspends and protects 10” tablet
- Hideaway Tripod Mount™ secures a compact tripod to the pack
- Removable, padded accessory pouch and front storage panel for cords, chargers and small items
- Two stretch-mesh side pockets for quick-grab items like water bottles
- Removable waistbelt and adjustable sternum strap help distribute weight evenly
- Silent zipper pulls prevent jingling around film crews or wildlife
When I first put the backpack on, I was surprised just how comfortable the backpack really was. The back support has more padding for extra comfort. After all, you would be able to feel all of your gear pushing in to your back otherwise.
As I was walking and taking footage for this blog post, I wanted to create more of a realistic feel; taking advantage of a local historical beauty spot. Back to the Flipside 300 AW. There are two colours/patterns. Black or the Mica/Pixel Camo pattern. I guess its down to personal choice which one suits your requirements.
There is a small pouch which is concealed at the front which can hold some of your tripod legs, to hold your tripod more securely. At the top, there is a handle. Below the handle, there is another concealed pouch which contains the securing straps for holding your tripod safely to the backpack.
At the rear of the backpack, this the third and final hidden pouch for the AW (All Weather) covering. This will now completely conceal your gear, while also protecting your camera equipment from the elements. Any open zips will could compromise this AW covering. Once the weather subsides, you can put the AW cover away and you can get access to your gear once more.
Lowepro Flipside 300 AW II Review While on Location
The Internal Dimensions are: 25 x 13.8 x 40.5 cm (9.84 x 5.43 x 15.94 in), making this bag more than capable for a reasonable sized DSLR. The Flipside 300 AW II is designed to take as much, or as little gear as you may need for your assignment. I took my Tripod and my Action Cam, along with a small Joby Griptight tripod. I didn’t need to take a zoom lenses, as I don’t really have one, lol.
For side pockets on the Flipside 300, you can either put a GorillaPod in one side, or you can store a water container in the opposite pocket. In the front compartment, you have room for a iPad/Android Tablet, keys, USB’s or even a USB HDD.
The Lowepro 300 AW II is on the pricey side, but would you rather pay £112 protect your camera and your gear, or rather pay thousands to replace your damaged gear. I think I know which one I would rather pay. For the price, you do get a quality backpack from a renowned brand.
The Lowepro 300 AW II is a backpack I will be using for years to come. Even if I do purchase more camera gear, I wont be needing to ever piece of my gear with me where ever I go. For that matter, the Flipside 300 AW II suits my needs and I can conserve the amount of luggage or gear I need to carry around me, while on location or assignment.
Please Like and Comment Below.
*Disclaimer: I was sent this item in exchange for a review.